We joined their internal team to provide our expertise.
Amherst College needed expert assistance with some of the heavy lifting as they upgraded their infrastructure from Drupal 6 to version 7. Resource needs were fluctuating as the project was nearing its last stretch of available time. We provided availability that scaled up and down as needed to hit the project’s overall strategic launch date for the college.
How we did it
Our engagement included working with in-house developers to migrate and upgrade numerous features and systems to work with the most current major Drupal version. Highlights of our primary focus on the project included systems handling:
- Scheduling, registration, and payments for reunion events
- A dynamic implementation of fundraising forms providing visitors the ability to give in various ways, in different contexts, to several different departments in the college
- Menus, rating, and reviews for Dining Services
- Management functionality for various college book clubs
- The tool used by the area’s five colleges for their students to request and register into courses across the Five College Consortium
- Payment processing for use by all aspects of the site needing to process payments
Amherst College relaunched a fully functional upgraded Drupal CMS on their online infrastructure.
Thanks for the pieces you guys worked on with that, it was a big help.David Hamilton, Chief Information Officer, Amherst College